The last months we worked hard to port the PopCap Framework (codenamed Sexy) over the multiplatform Kanji Game engine.
The SexyKanji framework is designed to facilitate rapid development of high-quality games by allowing game programmers to concentrate their efforts on expressing game concepts while minimizing the work required to create a rich visual and audio presentation. It is a C++ toolkit for creating games on the Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone and iPad platforms.
Kanji is a 2D (with 3D capabilities) multiplatform game engine API. It is a new implementation of the PTK 2D game engine interface with improved compatibility, performance, reliability, more features and supported platforms. Kanji is validated by real-world use in production games.
Sexy provides tools and constructs that facilitate faster game development. Sexy provides complementary services to Kanji:
- A solid main application game loop with Update services running at 100hz (guaranteed) and a variable Update loop running at the monitor refresh rate.
- A Widget hierarchy, for displaying buttons, edit boxes, list boxes, check boxes, etc...
- Resource Management.
- Easy Multithreaded asset loading.
- XML Reading/Writing.
- Unicode character support.
- and much, much more.
- SexyKanji is a free add-on to Kanji.
EDIT: The Kanji game engine was bought by Gogii Games. We decided to close the SexyKanji.net site and dumped everything over at SourceForge. What a bad ending after all our efforts, read the whole story here - especially this post.